Jalapeno Hickory Steak
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick (about 2 pound
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package hickory marinade mix
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place marinade ingredients in blender container. Cover; process until smooth.
- Place steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close
bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill 3/4-inch thick
steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (1-inch thick steak 16 to 18 minutes) for medium
rare doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.