Kansas City Beef Brisket
- 1 (5 pound) beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon tenderizer (optional)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- The night before cooking, sprinkle brisket with tenderizer, Liquid Smoke,
salt, pepper, celery salt, onion salt and garlic salt.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day add nutmeg, paprika, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Wrap well
with aluminum foil — this is important. Cook 5 hours at 275 degrees F.
- Slice thin on the diagonal.
- Serve with homemade barbecue sauce and buns.