Lemon-Lime Flank Steak
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda (Sprite or 7-Up)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, unseeded and finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 2-quart shallow dish, stirring well; add
flank steak, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill.
- Cook steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees
F) about 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak from grill, and sprinkle evenly with salt to taste.
- To serve, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Yield: 4 servings.
Per Serving: 464 Calories; 31g Fat (61.5% calories from fat); 33g Protein;
11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium
Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Beef Recipes