- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 T-bone steaks, about 1-inch thick (can use rib-eyes or sirloin steaks)
- In a glass baking dish, combine all the ingredients except steaks; mix well.
- Place steaks in the mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate at least four hours to marinate, turning steaks over
- Fire up the grill.
- When ready to grill, remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place steaks on the grill and grill to desired doneness, turning once and
brushing occasionally with marinade.