Marinated Chuck or Sirloin Tip Roast Beef
This is excellent for cuts of meat that tend to be tough.
- 1 (4- to 6-pound) roast beef (chuck or sirloin tip)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 3 tablespoon scallion or onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a plastic or glass bowl deep enough to
hold entire roast and marinade.
- Put roast in bowl and turn twice. Add more wine if roast is not completely
submerged into marinade.
- Using meat fork, punch holes all over roast.
- Cover and marinate 48 hours at room temperature in a place without much
- Grill on red hot coals after draining marinade and sprinkling meat with
- Grill for 20 minutes on each side.
- Allow roast to remain in grill with hood closed and while coals smolder
for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice thickly and serve with horseradish sauce.
Yield: 8 servings