Marinated London Broil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) London broil, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- In a shallow bowl combine, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, oil,
mustard, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Place the steak in the dish. Spoon marinade on top.
- Cover dish and marinate the meat for 8 hours or overnight, turning the steak
every few hours.
- Prepare grill. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove steak from marinade and brush off any particles.
- Grill the meat for 7 minutes. Turn the steak grill for 7 minutes more for
rare, 9 minutes for medium, 11 minutes for medium well done. Adjust time if
- Let steak stand for 5 minutes before carving.
Posted by MzMaggie at Recipe Goldmine 6/23/01 12:22:09 pm.