Maytag Blue T-Bones
- 4 T-bone steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Vidalia, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ounces Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sauté onions in butter and oil over a medium low heat until they are soft
and starting to brown.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add red wine. Cook until most of the liquid
has evaporated off. Remove from heat.
- Heat grill. Grill steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes per side or until they
reach desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and top with blue cheese and onions.