Orange Hickory Steak
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4- to 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package hickory marinade mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill 3/4-inch thick steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (1-inch thick steak
16 to 18 minutes) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.