Perfect Backyard Porterhouse
- 4 (18-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® porterhouse steaks*
- 2 pounds baby new red potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 pound asparagus, thick bottoms snapped off, stalks cut in half
- 9 x 13-inch aluminum foil pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Other cuts that you can use for this recipe: T-bone Steak, Ribeye Steak
- Place potatoes, fennel, shallot, butter, red wine, salt and pepper in foil
pan. Seal tightly with aluminum foil and place on medium-high grill to steam,
approximately 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus to vegetable tray; stir and continue to cook on medium heat
5 to 10 more minutes.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare or desired doneness.
- Remove steaks and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve steak with vegetables and sauce from pan.
Nutritional information: Calories: 1045 Fat: 50 g Saturated Fat: 24 g Cholesterol:
317 mg Carbohydrate: 38 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Protein: 101 g Sodium: 352 mg Iron:
69% of Daily Value
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef® brand