Ribeye Steaks with Blue Cheese Butter and Mushrooms
This recipe includes my instructions for using an air fryer.
- 4 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Blue Cheese Butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Ribeye Steaks: Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks. Set aside.
- Brush mushrooms with oil. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered
coals; arrange mushrooms around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, for 10 to 14
minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill for 9 to 14 minutes) for medium
rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Grill mushrooms for 16 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill,
12 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, make Blue Cheese Butter.
- Blue Cheese Butter: Combine ingredients in small bowl until well
- If desiring to make Ribeye Steak Sandwiches later, cover and refrigerate
2 steaks, 4 mushrooms and 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Butter. Spread remaining Blue
Cheese Butter over remaining 2 steaks. Coarsely chop remaining 4 mushrooms;
divide evenly among 4 plates. Carve steaks into slices; arrange evenly over
mushrooms. Season with salt, as desired. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Ribeye Steak Sandwiches: Toast eight 1/2-inch thick slices olive
bread. Spread 1 tablespoon leftover Blue Cheese Butter on 1 side of each bread slice.
Carve leftover grilled steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Divide slices evenly among buttered sides of 4 bread slices.Top each with 1 leftover
grilled mushroom. Divide 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach evenly over mushrooms. Close
sandwiches with remaining bread slices, buttered sides down. Cut sandwiches in half;
Air Fryer Method: Remove rib eye steaks from refrigerator 15
minutes before starting recipe.
Heat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Coat both sides of steaks with garlic, thyme and pepper. Press seasonings into
Open air fryer and quickly place both steaks into basket and close. Cook at 400
degrees Ffor 4 minutes and then quickly flip steaks over and cook for 3 minutes
more. Turn off air fryer and do not open. Let sit for 1 minute for rare. For medium
rare, let sit 2 minutes. For less rare 3 minutes.
Top with Blue Cheese Butter to serve.
Nutrition information per serving for Ribeye Steaks with Blue Cheese Butter
and Mushrooms: 337 calories; 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat);
89 mg cholesterol; 159 mg sodium; 6.0 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 32 g protein;
11.6 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 45.3 mcg selenium;
5.8 mg zinc
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
>> GRILLING RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.