Santa Fe Steak
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons frozen margarita drink mix concentrate, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients, set aside 2 tablespoons in refrigerator.
- Place steak and marinade in a re-sealable plastic bag and turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove steak from bag and grill, turning occasionally, for 16 to 18 minutes
or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Just before serving, combine avocado, onion, and remaining 2 tablespoons
marinade. Toss gently to coat.
- Serve with sliced steak.