Steak with Coffee Barbecue Sauce
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes
or until tender.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low;
simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup sauce in shallow dish; turn to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours (or overnight, if desired). Cover and refrigerate
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, 12 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness,
- Meanwhile, place reserved sauce in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH
for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Carve steak into thin slices; serve with sauce.
Yields 4 servings.