Strip Steaks with Bacon-Mushroom Sauce
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup smoky mesquite steak sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 (10 ounce) boneless strip steaks
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet; pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from
- Add mushrooms to reserved drippings in skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes
or until mushrooms are tender.
- Return bacon to skillet.
- Add steak sauce, sherry and brown sugar; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low;
simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Place steaks on grill over medium coals or on rack of broiling pan.
- Grill or broil 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature
reaches 140 degrees to 150 degrees F for medium.
- Serve with mushroom sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
That extra touch: Brush steaks with additional 1/4 cup steak sauce before grilling