Tender Steak Dripping with Fresh Garlic,
Herbs and Cheese, Grilled until Sizzling
- 1/2 pound top round steak, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Romano cheese
- Pound the steak with a meat mallet to tenderize.
- Sprinkle both sides lightly with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the meat with enough of the Romano cheese to make a thin layer
(3 to 4 tablespoons).
- Finely mince the garlic. Mash the garlic, salt and basil together into a
paste. Spread evenly on the steak.
- Roll the steak into a tight jellyroll form and slice into 3/4 inch thick
- Thread through skewers.
- Grill or broil 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Turn while cooking.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 1/16/2001 5:13 pm.