Texas Style Beef Brisket
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 can beer
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Marinate in sauce overnight in refrigerator, turning several times.
- Use a fork to make holes in brisket and spoon on marinade sauce to penetrate
through the meat.
- Place whole brisket on hot grill to sear and brown fat.
- Remove from grill and place in foil ware pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, close hood and cook on slow coals for 4 hours,
or until meat is tender. For best results use a meat thermometer. Cook to 170
degrees F for medium.
- Slice brisket very thinly across the grain at an angle.
- Heat remaining sauce; pour over slices and serve.