Traditional Tex-Mex Fajitas
This recipe can be used to make
Steak Fajita Breakfast Tacos.
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Dash of garlic powder or fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- Marinade: Combine Italian dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar,
lime juice and garlic.
- Fajitas: Marinate steaks in the refrigerator 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Place steaks, peppers and onions on grill over
medium-hot coals. Grill steaks 4-6 inches from med-hot coals, 8 minutes
covered or 10-12 minutes uncovered, turning once. Place tortilla packet on
outer edge of grill to warm, turn once.
- Remove steaks from grill and slice at an angle, across the grain, into
1/4-inch thick strips.
- Serve with tortillas and condiments of your choice.
Yield: 6 to 10 servings
Tip: Serve with rice, beans, grilled bell peppers and onions, cheese, pico de
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 560; Total fat 21g (Sat. fat
7g; Trans fat 0.5g); Cholest. 75mg; Sodium 1070mg; Total Carb. 59g; Fiber 3g;
Total Sugars 8g; Protein 32g; Vit D (2% DV); Calcium (15% DV); Iron (30% DV);
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6,
vitamin B12 and selenium, iron, riboflavin and phosphorus.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Team