This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Johannesburg Riesling
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound (16 to 20 count) prawns, peeled and deveined
- In a saucepan combine ginger, orange juice, peanut oil, sesame oil, rice
vinegar, wine, soy sauce, apricot preserves and cilantro. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Thread prawns on skewers and grill, basting frequently with the sauce, until
their color has changed to bright red and white.
- Broil or grill fish using moderate heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting
with remaining marinade.
Source: John Sarich, Best of Taste