Yield: 4 servings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons coarse grained prepared mustard
- 4 ounces minced fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper.
- Add shrimp, and toss to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread on skewers.
- Lightly oil grate, and arrange skewers on grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning
once, until done.
Gail's Notes: This was given to me by my friend Elaine. It is one of the most delicious shrimp recipes for the BBQ I have ever had, and it is so easy. My son would eat the whole recipe if I didn't watch him."