Dirty Blonde BBQ Catfish
Serve Dirty Blonde BBQ Catfish over fresh pineapple or other fruit or vegetable.
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- For Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic,
green pepper, and onions until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer gently 5 minutes.
- For Catfish: About 1 hour before serving, prepare charcoal for grilling
and let burn until coals are hot.
- To grill the catfish, brush the fillets with olive oil first, followed by
the sauce and lay them on the grill over the hottest part of the fire. After
about 30 seconds, flip the fillets and grill for no more than 30 seconds. Move
the fillets to a cooler part of the fire and cook 2 minutes longer on that side,
brushing with the sauce often. Turn over and cook 3 to 4 minutes on the other
side, brushing with the sauce. Fish is done when it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- When ready to serve, drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over fillets.
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 10 MIn | Cook Time: 8 Min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: The Catfish Institute
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.