Dirty Blonde BBQ Catfish
Serve Dirty Blonde BBQ Catfish over fresh pineapple or other fruit or vegetable.
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, green pepper, and onions until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer gently 5 minutes.
- Catfish: About 1 hour before serving, prepare charcoal for grilling and let burn until coals are hot.
- To grill the catfish, brush the fillets with olive oil first, followed by the sauce and lay them on the grill over the hottest part of the fire. After about 30 seconds, flip the fillets and grill for no more than 30 seconds. Move the fillets to a cooler part of the fire and cook 2 minutes longer on that side, brushing with the sauce often. Turn over and cook 3 to 4 minutes on the other side, brushing with the sauce. Fish is done when it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- When ready to serve, drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over fillets.
Servings: 4 | Prep: 10 mIn | Cook: 8 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Catfish Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.