Grilled Catfish and Yam Kabobs
For a grilled entree with pizzazz, try this full flavored shish kebob featuring catfish and yams.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds US Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into circles
- 1/2 pound portabella mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- Additional vegetables (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together orange juice, honey and margarine.
- Add catfish, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the marinated ingredients on metal skewers.
- Grill on medium for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender when
pierced with skewer and catfish is opaque in color.
Makes 4-6 servings
Nutrition: Per serving: cal 248; fat 11g; protein 19g; carb 19g; chol 53mg;
sodium 93mg; fiber 2g
Credits: Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photo credit: Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission