This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds large, tail-on shrimp
- 6-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tail on.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
- Simmer for 1 minute and stir in basil.
- Brush each skewer lightly with garlic butter, then season both sides with
salt and pepper.
- Place on coals over medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or
until very pink.
- Remove from grill and brush with remaining garlic butter.
Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 280 calories, 37 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g
fiber, 12 g fat, 300 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium