Grilled Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds large, tail-on shrimp
- 6-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tail on.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
- Simmer for 1 minute and stir in basil.
- Brush each skewer lightly with garlic butter, then season both sides with
salt and pepper.
- Place on coals over medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or
until very pink.
- Remove from grill and brush with remaining garlic butter.
Yield: 5 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 280 calories, 37 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g
fiber, 12 g fat, 300 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.