Grilled Honey Glazed Shrimp
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black and red pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon California-style coarse onion powder
- 30 jumbo shrimp
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Place orange juice, honey, lime juice, mustard and dry seasonings in a blender and blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes or until thickened and reduced by half.
- Divide the glaze into 2 plastic containers, seal tightly and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Double thread 5 shrimp onto 2 parallel skewers.
- Cook shrimp over hot coals for about 3 minutes on each side or until completely pink, basting with one container of the glaze during grilling.
- Remove from grill and baste with remaining glaze.
Recipe and photo credit:
National Honey Board.