- 3 dozen large oysters
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Hot sauce (for serving)
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
- Scrub oysters.
- Place, cupped side down, on grate, cover grill, and grill until oysters
begin to open, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer opened oysters to a platter (discard any that do not open). Let
cool slightly, then use an oyster knife or screwdriver to pry shells open, keeping
cupped side down and retaining as much liquid as possible.
- Using an oyster knife or paring knife, cut muscles connecting oysters to
- Serve warm with butter, lemon wedges, and hot sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.