Grilled Pineapple Bacon Shrimp Kebabs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- Pinch of crushed chiles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 10 extra-large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, cubed
- 2 slices bacon, blanched for 2 minutes and cut into inch-long pieces
- 2 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat
for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add the water-cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Alternate the shrimp, bacon, and pineapple on each skewer.
- Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or
cook in a sauté pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the skewers on serving plates and top with sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.