Grilled Pineapple Bacon Shrimp Kebabs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- Pinch of crushed chiles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 10 extra-large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, cubed
- 2 slices bacon, blanched for 2 minutes and cut into inch-long pieces
- 2 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat
for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add the water-cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Alternate the shrimp, bacon, and pineapple on each skewer.
- Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or
cook in a sauté pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the skewers on serving plates and top with sauce.
>> GRILLING RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.