Grilled Salmon with Dijon Raspberry Vinaigrette
Grilled Salmon with Dijon Raspberry Vinaigrette. Raspberries and Dijon mustard make a unique combination of sweet and savory, which is perfect for grilled salmon.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 piece salmon, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lettuce, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon canola oil 15 mL
- 1/2 cup black currant or grape juice concentrate 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 125 mL
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard 60 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 60 mL
- 1 salmon fillet, about 13 ounces or 370 g
- 1 head dark green leaf lettuce
- 3 cups frozen raspberries, thawed 750 mL
- In small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) and pour remaining 1 cup (250 mL) into resealable plastic bag. Add salmon to bag, seal and place in refrigerator. Marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Set aside.
- Heat indoor grill pan or outdoor barbecue to medium heat.
- Remove salmon from plastic bag and discard marinade. Grill salmon for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Mix together reserved dressing with 2 cups (500 mL) thawed raspberries. Set aside.
- Chop lettuce and divide equally between four plates, about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) per plate.
- Divide cooked salmon into four equal pieces and place each piece on top of lettuce. Spoon 1/4 of raspberry mixture over salmon. Garnish with extra raspberries and serve.
Nutrition per serving: Calories 175 Total Fat 3.5 g Saturated Fat 0.5 g Cholesterol 50 mg Carbohydrates 16 g Fiber 5 g Protein 20 g Sodium 130 mg