This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Salmon with Hazelnut Butter
- 1 pound salmon, trout or other medium-firm fish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Spread nuts in shallow microwavable bowl or pie plate.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 30 seconds to one minute, stirring once
or twice, until light brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix hazelnuts and remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Brush grill rack with canola oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Make Hazelnut Butter.
- Cut fish into four portions.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Cover and grill fish four to six inches from medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn and then spread one tablespoon hazelnut butter over each fillet.
- Cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with