Grilling, Smoking and Barbecuing Recipes
Grilled Salmon and Pasta
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces fresh salmon (1-inch thick)
- 2 large (about 6 ounce) Portabella mushroom caps, cut into thick strips
- 2 medium green or golden zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound capellini or spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup chopped Star Spanish Olives
- Sprigs of fresh oregano (for garnish)
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking (medium heat).
- Thirty minutes before needed, combine lemon juice, oregano, garlic, pepper and olive oil. Reserve two thirds of olive oil mixture.
- Brush remaining olive oil mixture onto salmon, Portabella mushrooms and zucchini while grilling.
- Repeat brushing with olive oil mixture several times during cooking.
- When cooking is completed, break salmon into bite-size pieces, cut mushroom strips and zucchini halves into 1-inch pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat reserved olive oil mixture in large skillet and add cooked capellini; heat thoroughly.
- Divide capellini and grilled ingredients among 4 plates and sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped Spanish olives over the top of each serving.
- Garnish each plate with fresh oregano sprig.