Grilled Salmon with Tarragon Butter (T&T)
I use my George Foremas Grill and have made it on the barbecue grill. I serve
it with an herbed buttered risotto and a sliced tomato salad.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 (1-inch) thick salmon steaks
- Prepare grill placing coals to one side, heat until coals are ash white.
- Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- In small bowl stir together butter, tarragon and lemon juice.
- Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons butter mixture on both sides of each salmon steak.
- Place salmon on grill and grill, turning once, until salmon flakes with
fork (10 to 12 minutes).
- Serve salmon with remaining butter mixture.
You can add 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives or to your taste. I add
a lot more because of the taste the chives add to the salmon, and hubby likes it
Substitute either of the following butters for the tarragon butter.
Lemon-Chive Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/2 teaspoon grated
lemon peel and 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce.
Garlic-Parsley Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup butter, softened, 3 tablespoons
chopped fresh parsley and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 31, 2001.