Grilled Salmon with Tarragon Butter (T&T)
I use my George Foreman Grill and have made it on the barbecue grill. I serve
it with an herbed buttered risotto and a sliced tomato salad.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 (1-inch) thick salmon steaks
- Prepare grill placing coals to one side, heat until coals are ash white.
- Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- In small bowl stir together butter, tarragon and lemon juice.
- Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons butter mixture on both sides of each salmon steak.
- Place salmon on grill and grill, turning once, until salmon flakes with
fork (10 to 12 minutes).
- Serve salmon with remaining butter mixture.
You can add 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives or to your taste. I add
a lot more because of the taste the chives add to the salmon, and hubby likes it
Substitute either of the following butters for the tarragon butter.
Lemon-Chive Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/2 teaspoon grated
lemon peel and 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce.
Garlic-Parsley Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup butter, softened, 3 tablespoons
chopped fresh parsley and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 31, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.