Grilled Scampi with Dipping Sauce Marinade
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 2 scallions, with tops, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place shrimp in a glass utility dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients, except salt and pepper, in medium container
and pour over shrimp, reserving some marinade.
- Cover and set aside while you preheat the grill.
- Skewer shrimp, 2 to the stick, from tail through neck so you can lay the
shrimp flat on the grill and turn them easily on the skewers.
- Dab with additional marinade.
- Pour marinade into a small, flameproof pan and heat to boiling (either on
grill edge or on stove).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp, turning once, just until pink, 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
- Serve the boiled marinade as a hot dipping sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.