Grilled Seafood, Mazatlan Style (Mariscada)
- 1 large fish, your favorite kind, filleted and cut into pieces
- 4 crabs, cleaned
- 1 pound large shrimp or prawns
- 2 pounds lobster, halved
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 handful bay leaves, preferably fresh (If using dry leaves, wet them before
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Lime juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix lime juice, olive oil and salt; use this mixture to brush all surfaces
of all the seafood.
- Put all the pieces of seafood, flesh side down, on a bed of bay leaves.
- Cover and store cold for 4 hours.
- Prepare the grill.
- When grill is ready, place the pieces of seafood on the grill, discarding
the bay leaves.
- Grill both sides until done, turning once.
- Serve on a large decorative platter over a layer of tomato and onion slices
dressed with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and slices of limes and peeled oranges.
>> GRILLING RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.