Grilled Seafood, Mazatlan Style (Mariscada)
- 1 large fish, your favorite kind, filleted and cut into pieces
- 4 crabs, cleaned
- 1 pound large shrimp or prawns
- 2 pounds lobster, halved
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 handful bay leaves, preferably fresh (If using dry leaves, wet them before
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Lime juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix lime juice, olive oil and salt; use this mixture to brush all surfaces
of all the seafood.
- Put all the pieces of seafood, flesh side down, on a bed of bay leaves.
- Cover and store cold for 4 hours.
- Prepare the grill.
- When grill is ready, place the pieces of seafood on the grill, discarding
the bay leaves.
- Grill both sides until done, turning once.
- Serve on a large decorative platter over a layer of tomato and onion slices
dressed with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and slices of limes and peeled oranges.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.