Jalapeno Shrimp Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (at least 31-40 count)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 6 bamboo skewers
- Butterfly shrimp by removing shell except for last tail segment. On underside
of shrimp tails, cut nearly all the way through.
- Marinate in dressing for 10 minutes; reserve marinade for basting on the
- Slice pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds and slice into very thin "matchsticks";
- Slice cheese into "matchsticks"; set aside.
- Place 1 strip of pepper and 1 strip of cheese in the center of each shrimp.
Close shrimp, wrap with 1/2 slice bacon, and thread onto skewers (about six
shrimp per skewer).
- Grill shrimp over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning and basting once. Shrimp
are done when opaque throughout.