- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 extra-large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In a large shallow bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the chile, 1/2
cup lime juice, tequila, cumin, coriander, garlic, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp; toss to coat.
- Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for 30 minutes.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot and lightly oil the grill rack.
- Piercing each shrimp securely through the tail and upper body, carefully
thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 skewers.
- Grill the skewers, turning once, until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque
throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving platter, drizzle with a little extra lime
juice and garnish with the lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.