Pineapple-Mango Salsa over Grilled Halibut
Luscious mango nectar combined with pineapple chunks and diced fresh mango make a sweet but zesty marinade for halibut. Mixed with bell pepper, cilantro and lime peel this marinade renders the fish flavorful and moist.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Salsa: Combine pineapple, bell pepper, onion, mango, nectar, cilantro, lime peel, crushed red pepper, cumin and cinnamon in medium bowl; cover.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Halibut: Place halibut fillets in a large freezer bag; add oil, lime juice and bouillon. Seal; gently shake bag to cover fillets in marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil halibut for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve salsa over halibut.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 60 minutes
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.