Red Snapper Veracruz
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Dash of white pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in tomato and next 5 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, until
- Brush fish with margarine; place in a fish basket coated with cooking spray.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals (350 degrees F to 400 degrees F) for
5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with tomato mixture.
Yield: 4 servings