- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups hickory chips
- Vegetable oil
- Mix spices and rub over the fish. Let stand at room temperature. Burn coals
down until they are covered with gray ash.
- Meanwhile, put hickory chips in water for 30 minutes, then drain well.
- Put hickory chips on the coals.
- Put fish on a greased grill.
- Cover the barbecue and open dampers just a crack. The fish will be done
in about 20 minutes.