Sticky Barbecued Shrimp
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tomato based barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- rice or grilled garlic toast
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, garlic, pepper, salt
and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl. Add shrimp; marinate in refrigerator at
least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill to high. Make drainage holes in sheet of heavy-duty aluminum
foil with a large grilling fork; set aside.
- Drain marinade from shrimp into a medium saucepan. Rinse the bowl with the
water and add to pan.
- Bring marinade to a boil and boil vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes. Add butter,
stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Reserve half of marinade for serving.
- Place foil sheet with holes on grill rack with non-stick (dull) side towards
food; immediately place shrimp in a single layer on foil. Brush with marinade.
- Grill 2 to 3 minutes; turn with tongs. Brush with marinade. Continue grilling
2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are firm with a few lightly browned edges.
- Serve hot with additional sauce and rice or grilled garlic toast.
Yield: 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.