Western Cedar Plank Salmon
Enjoy the natural smoky flavors of this planked salmon.
- 1 fillet fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound for each serving)
- 1 cedar plank (no more than 1/2 inch thick)
- Soak cedar plank thoroughly to prevent burning. I usually soak it for at least 8 hours.
- Place the salmon on the plank skin side down and season to taste (garlic
salt, dill weed, and black pepper work well).
- Place the plank with the salmon on a covered grill on low. You want the
plank to smolder on the bottom and create smoke but not to flame up. The cover
will retain the smoke and also prevent flame-up. It will take 30 to 45 minutes
for a good size fillet of salmon. The plank will get hot enough to cook the
salmon through. You do not need to turn the salmon.
Cooking Basics: Cooking on a
(c) Can Stock Photo OG_vision
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Fish and Seafood Recipes