Western Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 fillet fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound for each serving)
- 1 cedar plank (no more than 1/2 inch thick)
- Soak cedar plank thoroughly to prevent burning.
- Place the salmon on the plank skin side down and season to taste (garlic salt, dill weed, and black pepper work well).
- Place the plank with the salmon on a covered grill on low. You want the plank to smolder on the bottom and create smoke but not to flame up. The cover will retain the smoke and also prevent flame-up. It will take 30 to 45 minutes for a good size fillet of salmon. The plank will get hot enough to cook the salmon through. You do not need to turn the salmon.
Enjoy the natural smoky flavors!
Posted by Dave at Recipe Goldmine 2003/12/10 01:11.