Grilled Bananas with Ice Cream and Hot Chocolate Sauce
This dessert is easy to make on a cleaned rack after grilling a main course.
- 1/2 gallon favorite vanilla ice cream
- 4 firm, ripe bananas
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Prepare grill.
- Peel bananas and halve lengthwise.
- In a shallow baking pan large enough to hold bananas in one layer, stir
together butter and brown sugar and add bananas, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer bananas with a metal spatula to an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches
over glowing coals and grill until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes
on each side. (If bananas are difficult to handle you may grill them on one
- Serve bananas like a banana split with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Makes 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.