Grilled Ginger Peach Melba
This delicious dish is the ultimate summer dessert. The bright colors and flavors of fresh peaches and raspberries, accented with ginger, are certain to delight the senses.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract , divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ginger, Ground
- 4 ripe fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Gently toss raspberries with granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in medium bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, ginger and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla in large bowl. Add peach halves; toss gently to coat well.
- Fold the edges of a piece of heavy duty foil to form a shallow baking pan. Place on grill over medium heat. Arrange peaches, cut-side down, on foil. Grill peaches about 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and caramelized around edges, turning once.
- To serve, place 2 peach halves on each dessert plate. Top each with ice cream and raspberry mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 353 Sodium: 123 mg; Fat: 14 g Carbohydrates: 37 g; Cholesterol: 65 mg Fiber: 6 g; Protein: 4 g
Reprinted with permission from
McCormick and Company, Inc.