Grilled Peaches in a Dark Rum Bath
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 6 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 pint caramel ice cream
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas or electric grill
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the
heat and add the brown sugar and rum. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the peach halves in a large bowl. With a rubber spatula, gently stir
in the rum mixture and continue stirring until the peaches are well coated.
- Grill the peaches directly over a medium fire, cut side up, until grill
marks are visible, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the peaches over. Cook until grill marks show and the peaches are tender,
about 4 or 5 minutes more, brushing any leftover rum mixture on the peaches
as they grill.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Nutrition values per serving: 317 calories, 16 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates,
2 g fiber, 5 g protein, 72 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium