Grilled Pineapple with Raspberry Puree
This quick-to-prepare dessert is simply delicious! Serve the lightly grilled fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt. To add a little crunch, accompany with Cinnamon Sugar Triangles.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed 280 g
- 1 tablespoon honey 15 mL
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 8 (1/2 inch) fresh pineapple rings (1.25 cm)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil 10 mL
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar 20 mL
- Pour raspberries (with the syrup) and the honey into food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a strainer and place over small bowl. Stir to press liquid into bowl. Stir in nutmeg. Discard seeds.
- To grill pineapple, heat stove top grill pan over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles, lightly brush both sides of the pineapple rings with canola oil and place on the pan. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until warm with light grill markings.
- For each serving, spread dessert plate with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) raspberry puree. Top with 2 pineapple rings and, while the pineapple is very warm, sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) brown sugar.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 220 Total Fat 2.5 g Saturated Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg Carbohydrates 52 g Fiber4 g Protein 1 g Sodium 20 mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
>> GRILLING RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.