Grilled Pineapple Spears with Chili Powder
This dish is a great accompaniment to grilled pork or fish. If you can, season
the pineapple with piment d'Espelette, a chili powder from the Basque region of
Spain. It can be purchased at specialty stores. Use sea salt as well for its distinctive
flavor and texture.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
- Peel pineapple; cut lengthwise into 6-8 spears. Slice off the core.
- Lightly coat pineapple with olive oil.
- Grill the pineapple spears on each side until hot and grill marks form,
- Transfer pineapple to a wide, shallow bowl. Sprinkle evenly with salt and
Makes 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.