Grilled Spicy Watermelon
Transform watermelon from sweet to savoury with this mouth watering Thai-inspired sauce. Watermelon wedges are grilled until caramelized, drizzled with garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro. Serve as a side dish along with ribs, chicken or shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- pinch salt
- 1 watermelon, medium size
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to high.
- In bowl, whisk together lime zest, juice, 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of the honey, garlic chili sauce and salt.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick wedges. Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill. Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Reprinted with permission from