Grilled Watermelon Steaks with Walnut Gremolata
A classy and tasty rendition of watermelon will highlight your summer cookouts! Watermelon has never been so well-dressed.
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cut 4 (1-inch thick) half-moon slices of watermelon. Reserve any remaining watermelon for another use.
- Mix vinegar, oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for drizzling grilled watermelon.
- Place watermelon steaks in glass dish. Add remaining marinade. Refrigerate 20 minutes, turning watermelon halfway through marinating time.
- Meanwhile, for the Walnut Gremolata, mix walnuts, parsley and lemon peel in small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove watermelon steaks from marinade. Reserve leftover marinade for brushing watermelon during grilling.
- Grill watermelon steaks over high heat 2 to 4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear, brushing with leftover marinade.
- To serve, cut watermelon steaks in half. Drizzle with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade. Sprinkle with Walnut Gremolata.
Serves: 8 | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 8 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.