Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Tropical Yogurt Sauce
- 6 bamboo skewers, 8 to 10 inches long
- 6 ounces key lime pie yogurt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoons imitation coconut extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 pound large, firm, fresh strawberries
- 2 large firm nectarines or peaches, fresh, pitted and cut into wedges
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Soak skewers in warm water for several minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, process yogurt, Cream cheese, sugar and
coconut extract. Cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and melted butter. Set aside. Cut pineapple
into 1-inch wide slices; quarter slices. Remove hulls (leaves) from strawberries.
- Alternately, thread strawberries, pineapple and nectarine or peach wedges
on skewers. Brush with butter mixture.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, turning
once or twice. Do not allow strawberries to overcook.
- Remove grilled fruit from skewers; serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
Recipe and photo credit:Dairy
Farmers of Wisconsin