(George Foreman Grill)
This is a light and easy version of chicken quesadillas that you can grill on your George Foreman grill, if you have one. If you don't have an indoor grill, a fry pan will work just fine.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup minced purple onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chopped pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cumin, and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken and tomato; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in minced cilantro, salt, and ground pepper.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over turkey mixture on tortillas; fold tortillas in half.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add 2 filled tortillas; cook 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 6 tortillas. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Simply grill the folded tortillas on the grill until the cheese is melted and they are lightly browned.
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 1/3/2002 8:41 am.