Barbecue Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, boned trimmed and butterflied
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine sauce ingredients in a 2-quart pan. Bring to a simmer, but do not
- Remove from heat and pour over lamb.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Barbecue lamb 8 to 10 inches from hot coals for about 50 minutes, turning
often and basting every 10 to 15 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. It should be crisp
on the outside and pink inside.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.