Barbecue Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, boned trimmed and butterflied
- Marinade: Combine ingredients in a 2-quart pan. Bring to a simmer, but do not
- Lamb: Remove Marinade from heat and pour over lamb.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Barbecue lamb 8 to 10 inches from hot coals for about 50 minutes, turning
often and basting every 10 to 15 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. It should be crisp on the outside and pink inside.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.