Lamb Kabobs with Pomegranate Marinade
- 1 cup pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless lean lamb shoulder, or leg, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 metal skewers
- In large bowl, stir together pomegranate syrup, oil, lemon juice, salt,
pepper, and garlic.
- Add lamb and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Lift meat from marinade and drain briefly (reserve marinade).
- Thread meat equally on sturdy metal skewers.
- Place skewers on a lightly greased grill 4 to 6 inches above a solid bed
of medium coals.
- Cook, turning often, and basting with marinade until meat is well browned,
about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over rice pilaf, couscous, or a bed of mixed greens.
Courtesy: Pomegranate Council
Per serving: calories 406, fat 24.0g, 54% calories from fat, cholesterol
132mg, protein 38.7g, carbohydrates 7.2g, fiber 0.1g, sugar 3.6g, sodium 701mg,
diet points 10.6
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 0.5, Bread: 0.0, Lean
meat: 0.0, Fat: 4.2, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 6.0