Pomegranate Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 California lamb double-thick loin chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds; for garnish
- Mint leaves; for garnish
- Combine pomegranate juice, garlic, peppercorns and chopped mint in large nonreactive bowl; mix well. Add chops and turn several times to coat well. Let stand in refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; set aside. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Brush chops with reduced marinade and oil. Grill about 3 inches from medium-hot heat, about 5 to 6 minutes per side, brushing once or twice with marinade, until medium rare (145 degrees F).
- Serve hot garnished with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: California Sheep Commission