This is a recipe from St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church, Phoenix, Arizona.
It is a cross-cultural Arabic church which celebrated its 10th annual International
Food Festival in February 1998.
- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or 3 pounds top sirloin of beef
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. Place in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
Turn meat to coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to grill, skewer meat.
- Grill over hot coals 10 to 20 minutes until cooked to desired stage.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings